If you are in pain, new to yoga and find it difficult, Somatic Yoga movement is perfect for you. Somatic movement is a unique brain to muscle re-education. It provides a tremendous insight of how the specific muscles work together to produce perfect alignment and remove unnecessary tension in the practice of asanas. Somatic movement also guides and assists you through pain, and restricted movement from muscular tension, joint compression and injuries.
If you suffer from neck tension, restricted shoulders or have a delicate back, through gentle movements you will learn how to release and regain control over your tension. Allowing you to practice yoga with greater ease. Somatic movement code breaks muscle tension by re-educating the way our brains senses and controls our muscles. Precise and slow movements are practised to re-train the brain to relax key muscles. These movements are designed so that we regain voluntary control of how we can fully contract and completely relax our muscles at will. Once this communication is rewired we apply this new sense to specific asana that has a common anatomical focus.
During this course, the focus will be on learning how to:
- Identify exactly where you hold muscular tension
- Release this tension from the major muscles of the body
- Apply this knowledge to individual yoga posture
- Increase your mobility and flexibility
- Reduce mental and physical stress
This course is open to all students, especially those who have tight shoulders, restricted neck mobility or delicate lower back muscles. Highly recommended for yoga teachers.
- Clients learn to reset muscle length at the brain level and regain voluntary control of habitually contracted muscles for pain relief and increased mobility.
- Somatics focuses on Full Body Patterns of muscular contraction, rather than just focusing on one area of pain. Tightness in the center of the body translates to tightness in the periphery (hip, knee, foot, neck).
Renew Wellness offers one-to-one clinical sessions, group classes and workshops. Each session of simple guided movements is designed to focus the brain on areas of pain and unconscious tension. Once our clients become aware of the root cause of their problem, we develop a personalized programs for them. The self-maintenance practice teaches clients to regain control over their muscles, enabling them to relax those muscles at will.
There is no typical client for Somatic Movement Education: Ages 16 years and up, from pro sports to weekend warriors from desk jobbers to dancers.
The benefits of Renew Somatic Education include:
- Long term pain relief from a host of common conditions
- Life long skills that teach you how to regain voluntary control of habitually tight muscles
- Greater physical independence and mastery of your movement
- Increased flexibility, coordination, stress relief, balance and proprioception
- A safe, easy and common sense alternative to drugs, and surgery
Somatics is profoundly effective at relieving the chronic aches and disability commonly associated with such complaints as:
- painful joints and muscles
- neck, shoulder and back pain
- hip, knee and foot pain
- repetitive use injuries
- poor posture
- accident traumas and whiplash
- breathing problems
- frozen shoulder syndrome